Thursday 28 February 2019

Philosophy of the City Round-up (Feb 2019)

The Call for Papers for the Philosophy of the City Summer Colloquium on Urban Aesthetics has been a great success. Thanks, everybody for sharing!

The Call for Papers for the Philosophy of the City 2019 conference is open till June 1, 2019. I hope that the meeting will receive the same amount of attention.

For your reading list: My colleague Mark Ryan has published an interesting paper on the ethical aspects of smart city projects (Open Access).

As for my activities: I will attend a seminar on Housing and Values at TU Delft on March 13/14, 2019, and will deliver a keynote at the event „The future city: boring or bombastic?“ (Future City Foundation, Amersfoort) on April 5, 2019.

Finally, since it looks like the „Philosophy of the City Roundups“ are becoming a regular thing: Feel free to send me pointers to events, publications, and activities! I am happy to include them in the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment